1. Enforcing through the local health officer or the administrative
officer the public health
statutes of the state and the rules and regulations adopted by the state
board of health and the secretary of the state department of health.|
2. Supervising the maintenance of all health and sanitary measures for the protection of
the public health within its jurisdiction.
3. Enacting such local rules and regulations as are necessary in order to preserve,
promote and improve the public health and provide for the enforcement thereof.
4. Providing for the control and prevention of any dangerous, contagious or infectious
disease within the jurisdictions of the local health department.
5. Establishing fee schedules for issuing or renewing licenses or permits or for such other
services as are authorized by law and the rules and regulations of the state board of health.
6. Secure financial support needed to maintain necessary public health services.