CHILD CARE HEALTH PROGRAM
The Child Care health program offers health promotion and education for licensed child care providers. Consultations, resource referral and education are provided by a Public Health Nurse and/or Registered Dietitian.
Our mission: To improve health and safety of all children in child care settings.
Consultations May Include:
· Review and help revise health and safety policies for child care centers.
· Review and monitor Health Care Plans.
· Assess center for compliance with health and safety regulations.
· Assess and recommend infant care practices as needed.
· Review immunization records.
· Consult with staff regarding health concerns.
· Development of care plans for individual children as needed.
· Monitor illness and accident logs.
· Coordinate Nutritionist consultation and menu review.
For more information about consultations for your childcare please contact:
We Provide Education and Training:
Within 6 months of being licensed or hired, all family child care providers, child care and school-age center directors, program supervisors, lead teachers, and site coordinators are required to meet the 20-hour basic training requirement through the following options: