Safe Babies Safe Moms Program Closure
The Safe Babies Safe Moms program at Benton-Franklin Health District will be closing by the end of summer 2017. The state contracts are transitioning to a program called Parent-Child Assistance Program (PCAP).
At this time, we are unsure who the lead agency for PCAP will be. We will update this site once that has been determined.
Safe Babies Safe Moms staff are still currently available to assist active clients in a limited capacity as well as provide a linkage to other community resources.
Call - 509.582.0834 or
Fax - 509.582.0164
- Intensive case management for pregnant or parenting women until the child
reaches 3 years of age.
- Outreach to women who are contemplating substance abuse
treatment but not yet ready to engage in services.
- Experienced staff including Public Health Nurses and Social Workers that are trained Case Managers to work with women at least 6 hours each month until their child reaches 3 years of age.
funding to assist with obtaining services.
- Parent education including screening tools such as the Parent Stress
Index and the Edinburgh Depression Scale.
- Child development assessments using ASQ or ASQ-SE.
- Assist in obtaining a
chemical dependency assessment and support for the client while participating in outpatient substance
- Support groups that are facilitated by a Case Manager.
Ace Scoring tool