Safe Babies Safe Moms
years or older
child is Medicaid eligible
parenting a child under the age of 2 ½
substance abuse or use anytime she was pregnant or within the past 6 months
Benton or Franklin county
Helping Women and their
Children Become Healthy, Safe and Self-Sufficient
Call - 509.582.0834 or
Fax - 509.582.0164
- Intensive case management for pregnant or parenting women until the child
reaches 3 years of age.
- Outreach to women who are contemplating substance abuse
treatment but not yet ready to engage in services.
- Experienced staff including Public Health Nurses and Social Workers that are trained Case Managers to work with women at least 6 hours each month until their child reaches 3 years of age.
funding to assist with obtaining services.
- Parent education including screening tools such as the Parent Stress
Index and the Edinburgh Depression Scale.
- Child development assessments using ASQ or ASQ-SE.
- Assist in obtaining a
chemical dependency assessment and support for the client while participating in outpatient substance
- Support groups that are facilitated by a Case Manager.
Ace Scoring tool
Printable copy of the Referral Sheet
Printable copy of the SBSM Brochure
sheet of Classes/Activities offered at SBSM