Safe Babies Safe Moms
years or older
child is Medicaid eligible
parenting a child under the age of 2 ½
substance abuse or use anytime she was pregnant or within the past 6 months
Benton or Franklin county
Helping Women and their
Children Become Healthy, Safe and Self-Sufficient
Call - 509.582.0834 or
Fax - 509.582.0164
- Intensive case management for pregnant or parenting women until the child
reaches 3 years of age.
- Outreach to women who are contemplating substance abuse
treatment but not yet ready to engage in services.
- Experienced staff including Public Health Nurses and Social Workers that are trained Case Managers to work with women at least 6 hours each month until their child reaches 3 years of age.
funding to assist with obtaining services.
- Parent education including screening tools such as the Parent Stress
Index and the Edinburgh Depression Scale.
- Child development assessments using ASQ or ASQ-SE.
- Assist in obtaining a
chemical dependency assessment and support for the client while participating in outpatient substance
- Support groups that are facilitated by a Case Manager.
A hands-on resource for parents
and caregivers of babies who have been prenatally exposed to alcohol and
Printable copy of the Referral Sheet
Printable copy of the SBSM Brochure
sheet of Classes offered at SBSM